Everything you search on your phone’s browser will be saved for anyone who uses your phone to see. Many times you look something up quick that you may not want the world to know. Knowing how to delete your browser’s history will come in handy and can even free up a small amount of space on your iPhone’s hard drive. Since there’s a good mix of iPhone users who use both Safari and Google Chrome we though we would give step-by-step instructions on how to delete your browsing history. Follow the steps for the browser you use below
Steps for Clearing Your Browser History On Safari:
1. Open Up The Safari Web Browser
2. Click the icon at the bottom of the screen that looks like an open book. It should be second from the right.
3. Once you open up that page you should see your history. Next just click the clear button at the bottom left.
4. A red button will pop up asking if you want to clear your web history. Just confirm that you want to delete your browser history and it’s cleared from your browser.
Steps for Clearing Your Browser History On Google Chrome:
1. Click the Google Chrome app to open the browser.
2. Click the settings bar (three horizontal strips beside where you put in the url)
3. Once you click the settings tab it will open up. Scroll down to where it says “Settings”.
4. Next, scroll down and click “Clear Browsing Data.”
5. Once you’re into that section you just click “Clear Browsing History” and then confirm. You can also clear the cache by simply clicking that corresponding button right below.
Still can’t figure out how to delete your browser’s history or using a different browser? Leave it in the comments below and we can help you figure out how to clear the browser history and cache of your iPhone.